Photoshop as everyone knows is one of the worlds best photo editing software created by the Adobe Softwares. Almost everyone loves photoshop. There are lots and lots of effects that we can create with the help of photoshop. Here in this tutorial I will show you on how to create the following effect in your photoshop. Dont panic, its not as difficult as you think. The final product will look something like the following. So now lets get started.
To get started with all you need to have are the files below
- A Gravel Texture
- A Good Font
- A Wood Texture
- Photoshop CS3 or more.
You can download the files except that of Photoshop from here
Lets Get Started
1. Open up Photoshop.
2. Create a new file. In my case I use 650 x 150 as my resolution.
3. Now you need to add a radial gradient to your file. In my case I am using a yellowish green and a light green color. The codes of the color which I used are as follows
Yellowish Green : #acc12e
Green : #328a26
To add a radial gradient click on the gradient button and in the top you can select Radial Gradient.
Apply the gradient and continue with the steps below.
4. Now we are gonna add the gravel texture to our file. To do so open the gravel texture in a new tab of your photoshop window. Copy it and paste it into the previous tab. Resize it so that the width fits the screen. And now you can see it in your Layers palette. Select the gravel texture layer and in the top you can find a drop down. Select Overlay Texture in it and continue.
And so now the file would look like the following if you have followed the tutorial so far properly.
Lets continue with adding the text to it. In this tutorial I am adding a text which spells The Geek In.
5. Click on the text tool and the text that you want. In this tutorial I am using a font named Swiss924 BT. This font looks fat and looks great. Just add the text with a proper font size and continue.
6. Now you are gonna add a mask to the text layer. To do so click on the text layer and click on add Mask which can be found in the bottom of the layers palette.
7. Now you can see a mask added to the text layer. Hold alt and click on the mask layer. Now you can see that your complete file turns white. It is nothing but the mask is being displayed.
Now you need to place the texture in the mask. To do so copy and paste the wood texture which is attached in the file which you downloaded at the beginning. After you pasted it to the mask it would look something like as follows.
Now just click on the background layer and deselect the selection. That’s it. Your image is now ready for the display. Have any doubts ? Post them as comments. Happy Photoshopping