Disable Speeddail in Firefox Permanently, a quick tip on Mozilla Firefox an Open Source web browser used by millions. Bunch of my friends use Mozilla Firefox they asked me “How to Disable Speeddail in Firefox Permanently” and replied few when another collation of friends I asked me the same question “How to Disable Speeddail in Firefox Permanently”, I was bored to answer those guys and thought of making this blog post on StillWhat on “How to Disable Speeddail in Firefox Permanently”.
How to Disable Speeddail in Firefox Permanently, a quick tip
- In the same dialog you will find a button “I’ll be Careful, I promise”. Hit the Button on the dialog.
- After you hit the button you will be redirected to the “Configuration” page.
- There you will find a search bar, there search for “browser.newtab.url”
- You will get the same search result as in the above picture. Double click the search result to edit it.
- And hitting the search result twice you will get a dialog with the title “Enter string Value” along with two buttons and a textbox.
- Here we need to change the URL of the new tab to “Disable Speeddail in Firefox Permanently”. To do so, change the text “about:tabs” to your favourite URL. In this case I change it to “about:blank”.
- After changing the text in the textbox hit “OK” save your settings now you may close the tab and open up a tab. You will find Speeddail has been disabled permanently.
Hope this quick tip or tutorial on “How to Disable Speeddail in Mozilla Firefox Permanently” would have helped Firefox users who have read this post on StillWhat.