Ubuntu is one of the leading linux distribution out there. Chromium is one of the best browser for linux distributions. The major defect is that it does not come with flash player included. Flash player is much needed for one to view videos play games and to do other such stuff over the web. YouTube is completely depended on flash content and you cant see any videos on YouTube without having flash player installed for your browser. So here is a short tutorial which shows you on how to install flash player in Chromium for Ubuntu. So now lets see on how to do that.
Installing Chromium :
Chromium is a browser by Google for linux and other operating systems out there. It is available from the Ubuntu Software center and you can download it from there.
1. Open up your Software center and type in Chromium.
2. You can find it in the top of all results.
3. Download and install it.
Adding The Flash Player To It :
Adding flash player to your Chromium browser is not much difficult as you think. You can easily install the flash player using the terminal. Follow the steps below to install it.
1. Open up the terminal.
2. Type in the following command to install the flash player plugin in your system.
sudo apt-get install flashplugin-installer
3. This command would download the flash plugin to your system. Now you need to copy the contents to the chromium plugins folder. Before that you need to create the chromium plugins folder. To do so enter the following commands one by one.
sudo mkdir opt
sudo mkdir opt/google
sudo mkdir opt/google/chromium
sudo mkdir opt/google/chromium/plugins
4. And now comes the final step of the installation process. You need to copy the downloaded content to the chromium plugins folder that you just now created. To do so enter the following command.
sudo cp /usr/lib/flashplugin-installer/libflashplayer.so /opt/google/chromium/plugins
Hurray ! You have now installed flash plugin to your Chromium browser. You can now view any flash content from your Browser. And now your flash content will be displayed…
Hope this tutorial helped you to install flash player plugin to your Chromium browser for Ubuntu. Happy Browsing !